In the early 1800s, Fort Frontenac once stood in Kingston, Ontario. At one point during the history of the garrison and the town, a cholera epidemic wiped out thousands including soldiers and citizens. The dead were buried in the garrison cemetery located nearby.
In 1827 the cemetery changed hands and expanded to become a common burial ground over the years. A typhus epidemic sent many more to their deaths and were placed in what was known as the Kingston’s Upper Cemetery. When the cemetery reached full capacity in the 1850s, it fell into neglect. However, there would be events after that which would wake the dead. Read the full story>>